Cathy L. Knapp
Attorney at Law
Phone - 602.277.2010
Cathy Knapp practices in the areas of estate planning, planning for closely held businesses, tax-exempt organizations, and probate and trust administration. Her recent experience includes:
- Representation of individuals and families in structuring trusts, limited liability companies, limited liability partnerships and other entities to maximize the transfer of property to the next generation.
- Representation of beneficiaries and individual fiduciaries in probate and trust administration matters.
- Representation of clients in the formation of charitable trusts and other charitable entities.
Education and Honors
- Golden Gate University (M.S., 1987)
- West Virginia University College of Law (J.D., 1977)
- University of Cincinnati (B.A., cum laude, 1974)
- Arizona, 1980
- West Virginia, 1977
Professional and Civic Activities
- U.S. Tax Court, 1988
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 1980
- American Bar Association (Member, Real Property and Probate, Tax).
- Arizona Citizens for the Arts (Board of Directors).
- Phoenix Women's Commission (Member).
- State Bar of Arizona (Member).
- West Virginia State Bar (Member).
- Certified Public Accountant (Arizona, 1981).
- Author, "An Overview of the Impact on Transfer Taxes and Basic Income Tax Provisions Under the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization and Job Creation Act of 2010," State Bar of Arizona Tax Law Section Newsletter, May 2011.
- Instructor, "Gift Tax Planning," National Business Institute Seminar, February 28, 2011.
- Presenter, "Recent Estate Tax Cases Involving Family Limited Partnerships," Prescott Estate Planning Council,
April 28, 2010.
- Presenter, "Estate Tax 'Repeal' - Advising Clients in Uncertain Times," Maricopa County Bar Association seminar, Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Section, February 25, 2010.
- Featured, "Board of Directors Election - Candidates for 2010-2012," Maricopa Lawyer, November 2009.