Yale F. Goldberg
Certified Tax Law Specialist
Phone - 602.200.7373
Yale is a founding partner of Frazer Ryan Goldberg & Arnold LLP. His practice is located in Phoenix, Arizona and is focused on assisting clients in tax planning, tax controversy, tax litigation and estate planning. Yale was a partner with the law firm Lewis and Roca for twelve years prior to founding the firm.
Yale is certified by the Arizona Board of Legal Specialization as an Arizona Certified Specialist in Tax Law, and is consistently ranked as a top attorney in the State of Arizona. His professional career includes working as a trial attorney for the Tax Division of the United States Department of Justice in Washington, DC. His experience working with the Department of Justice, combined with over thirty years in private practice resolving tax disputes, provides Yale's clients the highest level of confidence for successfully resolving their tax issues related to individual and corporate audits, tax preparation, and non-resident and non-filer status. Yale frequently works with and consults with retired Internal Revenue Service (IRS) agents and Department of Justice attorneys to obtain the best possible results for his clients.
He is the coauthor of Employees and Independent Contractors, a book designed to assist business owners in determining if workers are employees or independent contractors and defending the determination before tax authorities. The book includes a vast array of topics ranging from tax consequences of erroneous independent contractor classifications to defending against the IRS's assertion of trust fund recovery taxes.
Yale represents clients in the United States Tax Court, United States District Courts, United States Claims Court, the Arizona Superior Court, the Arizona Tax Court, and federal and state appellate courts. He serves clients across the Phoenix metropolitan area, Scottsdale, Glendale, the southeast valley, Maricopa County, and throughout the state of Arizona. Yale also serves employment tax clients throughout the United States.
Yale is an avid runner having competed in numerous marathons and ultra-marathons. He was one of a team of twenty runners that participated in a charity fund raising event between San Francisco and Washington, DC on behalf of ADAPT (America's Drug Abuse Prevention Team). Along with Yale's passion for running, he is a long time supporter of the Arizona Lost Boys Center.
Yale is a seven-time Super Lawyers® selectee and is listed in the current edition of The Best Lawyers in America®. He is an AV* attorney with the highest ratings for legal ability and ethical standards.
- George Washington University School of Law - LL.M. 1976
- George Washington University School of Law - J.D. 1972 (with honors)
- Exeter University, Exeter England, Comparative Law Semester - 1971
- George Washington University - B.B.A 1969
- State Bar of Arizona, Member of Tax Section
- District of Columbia State Bar
- Pennsylvania State Bar
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Arizona Bar Association, Past Chair of Tax Section
- Arizona Equal Justice Campaign, Leadership Committee; 2001 - Present
- American Bar Association, Tax Section, Liaison to Western Region of Internal Revenue Service; 1996-2000
- American Bar Association, Tax Section, Chairman of Social Security and Payroll Tax Problems; 1984-1988
- George Washington University, National Law Center, Alumni Board of Directors
- Arizona Lost Boys Center, Board of Directors
* AV, BV and CV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with Martindale-Hubbell certification procedure's standards and policies.